Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Why does one sometimes wake up and lose feeling and movement of the right hand completely. Is it a stroke.?

When one wakes up the right arm and hand is completely useless, without any feeling and unable to move. When I use the left hand to lift it up and move it then it returns to normal. Does it mean I suffer a stroke during sleep or is a nervous ailment.
What is the cause? What shall I do to avoid or treat this condition.
Answer:
This may also be an indication of carpel tunnel syndrome. I have this come and go. When the episodes begin I have to wear a brace. Ask you doctor what he/she thinks. Of course it may also be as others mentioned - sleeping on it etc.
It means you've been sleeping on your right arm, and cut off the circulation. If you'd had a stroke it would not have returned to normal quickly.
It means you slept on your arm or hand. It happens to me every morning.
I know what you mean i have had it myself its just when u pinch a nerve when u sleep funny I think or the blood supply gets cut off to your arm.
try to change the position in which you sleep.
sometimes in a very deep or sound sleep..we don't move as frequently as during a lighter sleep..what happens is the blood circulation gets interrupted..and the pins %26 needles feeling and numb feeling is your bodies way of reacting to less blood flow.
try a pillow under your arm..it might help.
Probably lying on the arm, pressing the nerve.

No comments:

Post a Comment