Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Why does a fibromyalgia sufferer have to use vicks to clear his nose frequently to breath better?

I want to try the gua cure for my husbands fibro but several things he uses will cancel out the gua protocol. Does anyone have a suggestion for him. He is totally addicted to Vicks vapo rub and uses it in this nose several times a day and especially at night and says it prevents him from having panic attacks. I especially would like to know what I can use as a substitute that will not interfere with gua.(He is also hypoglycemic)
Answer:
get him a neti pot, this will irrigate his nose,they work great
you can get them on ebay and I'm sure other places stock them toohttp://www.healthandyoga.com/html/produc...
I have been using guaifenesin for my fibro for over 8 yrs. I have been able to stop having to take prescription pain meds. Guaifenesin is not a cure but when done right it does help a lot. I am not sure why fibromyalgia sufferers have excess mucous but before guai I had a sinus headache every week. I do not have them anymore. When first starting the guai protocol one may feel as if they will drown in thier mucous. But this does not last long and then it clears up. Guaifenesin is a mucous thinner.If your husband is going to take guaifenesin for his fibro he needs to make sure that he follow the protocol correctly. If not it will not work. Go to this website:
www.guaidoc.com
www.fibromyalgiatreatment.comGet this book: What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Fibromyalgia by Dr. Paul St .AmandIt is not complicated. There are certain products that have to be avoided but they are not specific brand names. They have to be avoided because of certain ingredients that keeps the guai from working correctly. I get most of the products I use at Walmart.Also I read the other post about D Ribose. It sounds interesting. No reason why you couldn't try both. I never exclude new ideas.
My question for you is this, why would you want him to take a chemical into his body when the vicks does the same thing and seems to calm him.Have you thought that maybe the smell of the Vicks has a 'woobie' effect on him? He smells it and know he will be able to breathe...where as you take a pill and you don't know if it is going to work. Of course I would make sure with his doctor that prolonged use of Vicks is not going to harm him. But, it is a more homeopathic remedy than taking a drug.
I know that guai works well for some people with fibromyalgia, but it really is complicated in the things they have to stop using for it to work. I personally think you and your husband should consider trying a combination of diet changes, lifestyle changes and DRibose.DRibose is much simpler to use and it works on the cellular level to enable the ATP cycle to be completed. If you would like more information about the changes I am talking about please feel free to email me. Please put" D Ribose" in the header.kissssmycandy@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment