Saturday, August 8, 2009

Why does this happen?

I was just wondering how come when I eat fruit, everything inside my mouth itches including my throat. This also happens when I eat uncooked veggies, but if I eat the same veggies cooked then it's ok. Is this an allergy.. no one believes me when I tell them I can't eat fruit b/c of the way it makes me feel.
Answer:
It sounds like you may be suffering from something called oral allergy syndrome. It causes itchiness in the mouth and throat and is usually found in people who also have hayfever or spring allergies. Cooking breaks down the protein that causes the allergic reaction which is why you can eat the cooked vegetables fine. You might want to consider seeing an allergist for this. Also, maybe try taking an antihistamine like benadryl before eating the fruit next time and see if you still have the reaction or not. Here's a website that explains oral allergy syndrome in more detail: http://www.calgaryallergy.ca/articles/en...
Hopefully this helps!
u r probably allergic or somthing.
Most fruit is acidic. That could cause it to sting if you have any irritated spots in your mouth. Also, are you sure that you aren't allergic to certain foods?

No comments:

Post a Comment