Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Why does my 11 year old son keep on getting chest infections he has asthma?


Answer:
Asthma does make people more susceptible to chest infections. I have asthma, and when my daughter gets a cold, I don't just get a cold, I get bronchitis. Next time your son gets a chest infection, you might ask his doctor this question, too.
not only does asthma make you more succeptible to respiratory infections, but certain asthma meds will too. Steriods can lower your immunne systems threshold, and make it easier to get an infection.
Yes, it does make you susceptible to more chest infections. That's why I have to completely ignore my BF when I have a cold.
he may also have more than asthma. You might ask your doctor about testing to see if he has something more severe. A co worker of mines daughter was just diagnosed with cystic fibrosis and the doc she had before said it was only asthma. but now they know and can treat it accordingly

No comments:

Post a Comment