Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Why is sprite or ginger ale supposed to make an upset stomach feel better?


Answer:
ginger is the real secret. ginger calms an upset stomach and balances out body funtions.
its a known home remedy. it just works simple as that.
ever since I was a child I drink Ginger ale..when Iam sick.. I think cause it doesnt have a Heavy Taste...
I'm not sure who told you sprite, but the ginger in ginger ale is a relatively well known remedy for an upset stomach - in fact, there are studies using it for pregnant women to relieve their morning sickness. Sprite is probably along the same level as Pepsi or coke - if you drink it flat, the syrup can help coat your stomach, relieving certain symptoms, though I've never heard of Sprite used for this. Usually it is CocaCola, though with some of the issues in the late 90's, early 2000's, you're best off with Ginger Ale (see sources).

No comments:

Post a Comment