Tuesday, October 13, 2009

WHY IS MY FACE SO SHINY AND LOOKS OILY WHEN I USE PROACTIVE is that normal?


Answer:
Hmmm...do you usually have oily skin? I use proactiv and I find it can sometimes make your face shiny when using the toner lotion. Did you just start? If you just started give it a few more days to lessen up on being so shiny. Also, if you do find yourself with excess amount of oil on your face, then simply blot with one-ply toilet paper, that will get the excess oil off. Finally, if you are using a moisturizer lotion with the toner, then you might be adding excess moisture creating the shine. Try cutting back a little on your toner or moisturizer, if you are using it. I use a small amount of SPF 15 moisturizer, bc proactiv's products did not have any SPF protection and you need that for your face. But this problem really just sounds normal part of using the proactiv. Hope this helps.
yeah it cleans you out and since its a really specialized product, it digs deep in your pores and gets rid of ALOT!
doubt it but dont worry
If you wash your face with any face wash, afterwards your face will be shiny. it just means that your face is clean
because proactive is moist and like a goo and it glares
MMM... normally happens with any new facial soap. It cleans up what you were trying to get rid of, so your face looks shinier than it used to.
you might be overusing it. like since its not just soap, if you wash your face like 458 times a day it over stimulates the poors and makes them actually produce MORE oil. depends how sensitive your skin is.
hey, well i use proactiv too and my face does that a lot. I buy these Biore face cloths that are already wet and use them right after i use my proactiv and it seems to work really well!! good luck!!
It's robbing your face of it's natural oils and your skin is subsequently, producing more. That is normal. I use those blue oil blotting sheets in the drug store throughout the day when my face gets shiny.
Proactive is not for everyone,
I thought i had oily skin and achne was from that, but I found out from a skin care consultant who looked at mt skin from a skin analyser machine and found my skin was severely dehydrated. the treatment was opposite of what it appeared to need. I started cleansing, toning, and moisturizing and now i have clear skin that looks normal everyday.
ya most face washes do that. but if lasts a long time, like more than an hour, you might be washing your face too much. wash it like once a day, i usually do at night, so my face is never shiny during the day
Its probably too strong for your skin. It is likely drying your skin out which causes it to produce more oil. I had the same problem. Try the gentle formula.
Shiny is good.. look like the celebs.

No comments:

Post a Comment