Saturday, August 8, 2009

Why is Hydrocortisone clearing up my acne?

I have had acne since I was 14, now I am 22, and still have it, but it is going away. My mom told me my acne was poison oak, I didn't believe her, but she said it cleared up my little sisters forehead so I tried it. Okay, and I am almost CLEAR! I mean completely except for a bunch of pin-point bumps and sores, but no real pimples at all. I have been using pro-activ, made it worse, I used Glytone from a dermatologist, acne free, clearasil, clean %26 clear, and many more other things. Could acne sometimes be caused by allergies? Is the hydrocortisone just taking out the oil?(which comes up even though I washed my face 3x day)-no more oily face now though. A $2 tube of knock off hydrocortisone really worked! I can even wear make up now without breaking out. I have used this only 5 nights.
Answer:
I think that it is a steroid thats why. they help with acne but its something you dr must know about because its temporary and you have to be on it for a while.
Could you list what the product was? I want to see if it works! :)
Be careful using hydrocortisone. It can weaken your skin and cause color changes in your skin. It can also make you more likely to get an infection. Talk to your dermatologist . maybe you don't have acne.
i dont think it was acne u were dealing with, ur mom was probly rite..
ur skin is guna turn weak if u keep using it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment