Saturday, June 27, 2009

Why do I itch when I'm stressed or nervous?

When I get under stress or nervous I start to itch, especially on my arms, neck, and back. It started when I was in high school. It happens when I take tests, when I am very worried, when I work out at the gym, when I'm running late and get stuck in traffic etc. I'm itching right now because I'm studying for final exams. Its mostly an embarrassment issue for me because I don't want people thinking I have bugs or something. Is this common, or is there something wrong with me? What can I do to treat it?
Answer:
My Gosh !! I have been having the same exact problem in the last 3 months, I have scratched myself so much I have left raw marks. I have been to the dermatologist %26 at first he said it was dry winter itch so I moisterized %26 take fish oil capsules to put more oil in my system, I am still itching %26 noticed when I was on the phone with some one that upsets me I scratch more. I guess the only answer is to "try" %26 calm down, yeah ! easier said than done, right ? I bought some natural relaxants at the health food store, I used to take them %26 am going to again, they are by Hylands %26 called "Calms Forte", take one every now %26 then when I am going to be in a nervous situation. Good luck sweetie, I'm with you all the way.
most common place is the head. even when u're confused... by people dont do it all the time... u need to relax more... no treatment needed... just relax
it's psychosomatic i think it normally happens when you're trying to contain your emotions so the body finds another way to react, i get the same thing when i'm stressed example: i just got married saturday and most people were wondering how i was able to handle being that nervous without showing it all but my wife, i get a really bad rash when i get stressed out and i was on the verge of running from the house screaming i just didn't look it and it found a way to show in another manner. now i am by no means a doctor but i'm pretty sure this might be it in your case

No comments:

Post a Comment